- Sharon worked in Ayr at Morrisons supermarket chain for over 30 years - she reached the position of a senior manager.
- She left her position after being elected into the Scottish Parliament in May 2021.
- Dowey stood in the Carrick, Cumnock and Doon Valley constituency, where she achieved 30.6% of the vote and was elected on the South Scotland regional list.
- Local priorities
- infrastructure improvements to the A70 and A77
- improving employment opportunities in the area
- supporting local businesses
- protecting local health services including social care.
- Sharon is spokeswoman for Scottish Conservatives on issues like culture and Europe as she became the Shadow Minister for Culture, Europe and International Development.
- Portfolio - creative industries, fair trade, architecture, major events, and European and external relations.
- Engagement with cultural bodies across Scotland and with businesses in Ayrshire
- Sharon is the Deputy Convenor for the Public Audit Committee.
- member of CPGs on Carers, Cancer, Ireland, Mental Health, Gardening and Horticulture, Men’s Violence Against Women and Children, Recreational Boating and Marine Tourism, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency, and Towns and Town Centres.