Tom was born in Dumfries but has lived in Ayrshire since 1974.
He began his engineering career with SSEB and subsequently Scottish Power, becoming a Senior Manager prior to his retirement.
Tom began his political career in 2003 when he unsuccessfully stood for the Council.
He was subsequently elected to East Ayrshire Council in 2007 as a Councillor for Ward 3, Kilmarnock West and Crosshouse . He was re-elected in 2012 and again in 2017 and has held several positions including a term as Deputy Leader of the Council.
Current Committee Representation:
- Chair of Police and Fire & Rescue Committee
- Chair of East Ayrshire Licensing Board.
- Planning Committee
- Ayrshire Economic Partnership Board
- Community Planning Partnership Board
- Ayrshire Economic Partnership Committee
- Ayrshire Shared Services Committee
- East Ayrshire Civic Government Licensing Panel
- Joint Consultative Committee
- Royal Incorporation of Buchanan Bequest
Tuesday 3rd Dec Grange Academy 6:30pm until 7 pm.
Wednesday 11 Dec Johnnie Walker Bond 2pm until 2:30 pm.